- Why Cedarlawn?
- Tree Care
- Plant Health Care
- Lawn Care
- Commercial Services
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to oversee the daily scheduling and production of all company projects and to supervise and cultivate the skill set of our field staff. The Operations Manager will “own” Safety, Quality and Efficiency. Through management, oversight and supervision of field staff the O.M. will be expected to increases production efficiency, provide on the job training, identify training needs, identify process improvements, and ensure quality control. The O.M. will help to improve and expand our safety and training program through working with our Safety and Training Coordinator. This position requires working in collaboration with the sales team, PHC Foreman, Turf Foreman, Controller, Safety and Training Coordinator and the administrative staff. The Operations Manager will report directly to the company president.
Major Responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of all field staff and mechanic.
- Creation of daily schedule with the support of the sales and admin team.
- Oversight and management of tree and landscape staff and projects.
- Oversight of PHC and Turf programs as they relate to scheduling and effective utilization of staff.
- Handling morning crew dispatch.
- Reviewing daily time reports.
- Maintaining contact with crews and sales staff throughout the day.
- Enforcing General Company and Safety Policies.
- Managing overall safety program.
- Providing/ ensuring training is provided for field staff in proper landscape and arboricultural techniques and equipment use / assisting staff in obtaining certifications and licensure.
- Managing shop and tool room.
- Managing and overseeing operations budget.
- Maintaining all professional licensure and certifications including but not limited to: MCA /ISA, CTSP designation, MA pesticide applicators license, and CDL- A.
- Hire, discipline, review and terminate field staff as appropriate
- Maintaining good relations with customers, vendors and colleagues.
- Promoting the company’s values and demonstrating a good understanding of the Company’s Guiding Principles.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- Technical Knowledge of Arboriculture / PHC/ Landscape
- MCA/ ISA designation or ability to obtain
- CTSP designation or ability to obtain
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communication Skills
- Outgoing personality
- Good problem solver
- A commitment to outstanding customer service
We offer competitive compensation and a complete benefits package including health insurance, holiday/ vacation pay, FSA plan, 401k plan with company match, tuition reimbursement and more. Relocation assistance available to the right individual. Send your resume via email to: Kathy@cedarlawn.com
Posted Date: August 2013